Friday, August 10, 2018

Black Dog Ice Cream



I am always screaming for ice cream. I do believe it is my favorite snack (food group), next to popcorn.  I love that I can have such a yummy creamy cup of delight and by adding all sorts of other ingredients it becomes a double feature.  I have so many favorite brands and flavors of ice cream that I love. One day I was starting to make our Frosty Bites (doggy ice cream) I decided to whip of a batch of an ice cream that I might enjoy. I splurged and bought an ice cream maker and haven't stopped churning since. 







I felt the need to give my little company a different name so my customers wouldn't get the ice cream confused with dog friendly ice cream. So of course I decided to pay homage to my beloved Myrtle who just happened to be a black dog! I am still a small enterprise, kind of under the radar so to speak. I make small batches of ice cream to order and will deliver them to you if you are in the Athens, Ga area. I have even dropped off a few pints to customers in ATL. 






As always creating items be it dog treats or ice cream is an ongoing process. There have been some not so great experiments...I mean I still ate it of course! We rate the flavors I make as either Edible or Sellable, so far they have at least been edible, apart from one questionable batch of caramel ice cream...I hated it but the customer loved it..go figure!



I take custom orders because it makes me practice making different flavors. I could eat Oreo's and Cream all day long and even though it is one of our most popular, making a key lime pie flavor was a challenge I loved. Turned out pretty yummy!


If you are ever in the market for an ice cream maker the 
Whynter ICM-200LS Stainless Steel Ice Cream Maker, 2.1-Quart ice cream maker is fabulous! Easy to use and clean and you can make consecutive batches. Love it!



So if you ever happen across an Oscar Bites table at an event there just might be some Black Dog Ice Cream in the cooler and we hope you try some!





No comments:

Post a Comment