Monday, July 20, 2015

Summer Market Season






It is July already. Can't believe it. I can believe the heat and you know how I feel about that...love...but my treats not so much.  I don't do so many outdoor (uncovered) markets during the summer months.  I prefer to kick back under some ceiling fans. There have been a couple of new ones this year in Athens and I am happy to say I got to participate in them.  


The Sunday Center Market at the Classic Center in Athens, GA is fantastic. Huge covered space, ceiling fans, food trucks and the easiest load in ever.  For all of you non-vendor people out there, that makes a huge difference in your day.  

The Indie South Pop Up market was yesterday and it was held in a cool converted warehouse in Athens. Easy load-in, even had beverages for vendors...and I am talking Mimosas!  That's me above with two of my friends that have been faithful customers for years.  We love you Randy and Veronica!

So if you have a weekend day to kill this summer, take a look around your community and check out a market.  Some are hardcore Farmers Markets with edibles from local farms. Some are predominately crafts and my favorite markets are the ones that welcome just about everything...and food trucks...and sweet concoctions vendors.....and Mimosa's!

No comments:

Post a Comment